38 Biblical Insights About Wealth
1. God is the owner of everything you have. Psalm 50:10,11
2. You are a trustee, manager, steward of 100% of what God entrusts to you during your lifetime. Matthew 25:14-31
3. God provides for you and prospers you so that you can share with others. 2 Corinthians 9:8
4. God sees the size of your gifts. Mark 12:41-44
5. Every good thing you have came from God. James 1:7
6. Refuse to become selfish about what God has entrusted to you. Mark 8:36
7. Give in proportion to how much God has blessed you materially. Mark 12:44; Acts 11:29
8. God has works for you to do during your lifetime on earth. 1 Peter 2:12
9. Actively set up a practical way to insure that you give 10% or more of your resources to God’s work. 1 Corinthians 16:2
10. Realize that wealth can deceive you. Mark 8:36
11. Your giving will be a great help and an encouragement to many others. Acts 4:34-37
12. Your giving will allow you to experience a fuller, richer more enjoyable life. 1 Timothy 6:18,19
13. Your life does not consist in the abundance of your possessions. Luke 12:15
14. You should not live for this life but for eternity. Luke 16:9
15. God will reward you for your faithful generosity. 1 Corinthians 15:58
16. While you cannot serve God and money – you can learn to serve God with money. Luke 16:11-15
17. Understand the destructive force that desires for more money can have on your life and faith. 1 Timothy 6:9-11
18. God will bring specific needy people in to your life that you can truly help. James 2:15,16
19. Realize the dangers of pursuing a life of pleasure. 2 Timothy 3:1-5
20. Doing good and helping the poor will give you a good reputation among others. Acts 9:36
21. Your job is to search out God’s plan for the resources He has entrusted to you. 2 Timothy 3:16,17
22. Your generous financial and material support will help Christian leaders advance the kingdom. Titus 3:13
23. Large gifts can sometimes be used to encourage others to also give generously. 1 Chronicles 29:1-9
24. When you give you will jeopardize your reward in heaven if you do it for the wrong motives. Matthew 6:1-4
25. It is dangerous to overstate the value of your giving in order to impress others. Acts 5:1-4
26. Your giving can spur people on to love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:24,25
27. God has a high regard for the Christian in humble financial circumstances. James 1:9-11
28. Even your small kindnesses will be remembered by God. Matthew 10:42
29. Generous giving brings great joy to God’s people and Christian leaders. 1 Chronicles 29:1-9
30. The more you have, the more you will become tempted to become harsher with others. James 2:6
31. In God’s work, the giver and the front-line worker are equal partners and will be rewarded accordingly. Matthew 10:41,42
32. If you want your children to be generous givers, you need to actively train and engage them in the process of giving. Ephesians 6:4
33. God calls some people to actively distribute their riches so they will be free from many encumbrances of riches to follow Jesus more fully. Mark 10:21-15
34. We are to be content with God’s daily provisions. 1 Timothy 6:6-8
35. It is important to honestly talk with those you may choose to significantly help. Mark 10:51,52
36. Any wealth gained from dishonest means is destructive and will ultimately be 100% redirected by God. Proverbs 28:8
37. There are a variety of ways you can support God’s work. James 1:27
38. Your giving in this life will have an impact on your experiences in eternity. Matthew 6:19-21
APPLICATION: Money is a master. The best way to master money is to be mastered by God. Giving God the first 10% of your income is about trust.
Hope grows here. I write to share stories that inspire people, build faith in Jesus, and offer lasting purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.