The truth is, everyone faces lies. Everyone.
The strong. The depressed. Believers. Pastors.
“Despite the countless instances I’ve witnessed the power of the Lord – I find myself encountering other head spaces that are filled with lies from the enemy.” Allison Daniels
Can you relate to Allison?
Truth is life giving.
23 Life Giving Statements You Need To Hear
1. Your struggle is not your identity. You are more than your circumstances.
2. Death or despair do not mean your life is over. “God will restore you.” 1 Peter 5:10 (Reclaim The Roar)
3. When your prayers feel unanswered or your soul feels abandoned, God is closer than you know. “When you pass through the waters I will be with you. They shall not overwhelm you.” Isaiah 43:2
4. Some of the best days of my life have not been lived yet.
5. Its OK to cry.
6. Its OK to be upset.
7. Life is like a piano – the white keys represent happiness, the black keys, sadness. The black keys on a piano also create music. Its OK to be angry.
8. Its OK to feel stuck.
9. Its OK to be confused.
10. Be kind to yourself as God is kind to you. Refuse to let negative feelings trigger you into waging war on yourself.
11. Its OK to feel hurt.
12. Its OK to pause.
13. “In the spacious love of God, our souls can lie down and rest. This love from him is not something we must struggle for, earn, or fear to lose. It is bestowed. He has bestowed it upon us. He has chosen us. And nothing can separate us from his love. Not even we, ourselves. We are made for such a love.” John and Stasi Eldredge
14. Its OK to feel lonely.
15. Its OK to not be OK.
16. Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars.
17. I have choices even when I don’t think I have choices.
18. “Share each other’s burdens.” Galatians 6:2
19. Those who love you are not fooled by the mistakes you’ve made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly…your wholeness when you are broken…your innocence when you feel guilty and your purpose when you are confused.
20. Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace.
21. Sometimes when things feel like they are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.
22. Fear has two meanings:
Forget Everything And Run OR Face Everything And Rise
23. “For I am the Lord God who takes hold of your right hand.” Isaiah 41:13
APPLICATION: Which statement stood out to you? Please leave a comment below. Thank you.
Hope grows here. I write to share stories that inspire people, build faith in Jesus, and offer lasting purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.