Joy is more than a word on a Christmas ornament. Its a 365 days of the year source of strength.
Much more than a mere emotion, joy is not happiness on steroids. Joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of your life.
12 Insights To Joy
1. Joy is a choice. The choice to “rejoice.”
“Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.” Henri J.M. Nouwen
2. Joy does not mean feeling good all the time. Joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life.
3. Joy is the result of applied faith. You can persevere and sustain hope no matter what, through faith in Jesus Christ. “I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.” (Luke 2:10, NIV)
4. Joy is transcendent, enduring, and is a heart attitude.
5. “The LORD is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts Him. I was helped, my heart rejoiced…” (Psalm 28:7, CEB)
6. Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God.
7. “…the joy from the LORD is your strength.” (Nehemiah 8:10, CEB)
8. Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends.
9. “I like joy; I want to be joyous. I want to make others happy.” Doris Day
10. “A joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love. She gives most who gives with joy.” Mother Teresa
11. “…think of the various tests you encounter as occasions for joy. After all, you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. Let this endurance complete its work so that you may be fully mature, complete, and lacking in nothing. (James 1:2-4, CEB)
12. “Peace is joy at rest, and joy is peace on its feet.” Anne Lamott
Good And Bad
Both good and bad things are going to happen to you in your life.
Good and bad things happen to everybody.
Some people are good at finding the miserable things in life, and some are good at finding the joy.
Be a joy finder.
APPLICATION: Choose joy. You will be surprised by the power of joy you experience. Please leave a comment below. Joy to you.
I write to inspire people to be real, grow an authentic faith in Jesus, enjoy healthy relationships and discover their life purpose. If this material is helpful to you, please follow me.
- Subscribe. I’ll put helpful content into your email box early Mondays and Thursdays, as well as upcoming events at North Pointe Community Church, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Follow on Twitter. I daily tweet info I think you’ll be interested in.
- Friend on Facebook. If you “like” my page, let me know you found me here.
- Connect on Linkedin. I like this because it reminds me what people think I’m good at.